INSIGHT TERMS & PRIVACY
Last modified: October 30, 2015
Welcome to Hino INSIGHT powered by Telogis. Your Hino Truck is equipped with hardware and software which allows you as the owner, lessee or operator of your Hino Truck (“you” or “your”) to receive the services available through Hino INSIGHT.
In connection with the products and services provided to you by Telogis Inc. (“Telogis”) for Hino INSIGHT as more fully described in the Telogis Purchase Agreement (“Telogis Services”), Telogis may collect certain information about you and your Hino Truck.
• The types of information we may collect from Telogis, your Hino Truck dealer or directly from you in connection with your access to or use of Hino INSIGHT
• Our practices regarding collection, use and disclosure of that information
YOU CONSENT TO THE COLLECTION, USE AND DISCLOSURE OF INFORMATION AS DESCRIBED IN THIS POLICY. Please read this Policy carefully to understand our policies and practices regarding your information and how we will treat it. You are responsible for notifying all users and occupants of your Hino Truck regarding the collection, use and disclosure of information as described in this Policy. This Policy may change from time to time and your continued use of Hino INSIGHT after we make changes is deemed to be acceptance of those changes, so please periodically check this Policy which is posted here for any updates.
This Policy does not apply to information that we collect offline or on any other apps or websites owned or operated by us or that is collected by any third party other than those mentioned in this Policy and for the specific purposes of fulfillment of the services available through Hino INSIGHT to you. Our websites and apps and these third parties may have their own privacy policies, which we encourage you to read before using them. This Policy does not change or modify the provisions of the Telogis Purchase Agreement. Please note that Telogis Purchase Agreement describes Telogis’s use of any data collected by Telogis in the course of providing Telogis Services to you.
How We Use Your Information
The types of information we may collect about you and your truck are more fully described in the next section and we may use this information for such purposes as:
• Helping you to maintain your Hino Truck
• Diagnosing and troubleshooting concerns regarding the operation and performance of your Hino Truck
• Engaging in research, development and analysis to improve our products and services and those of our affiliates and dealers and for marketing
• Complying with court orders and other legal processes and requirements
• Carrying out our obligations and enforcing our rights arising from any contracts entered into between you and us
• Notifying you when updates are available for your Hino Truck’s electronic systems
• Fulfilling any other purpose for which you provide it
Information We Collect
About You. Information we may collect about you (“Personal Information”) includes:
• Information by which you may be personally identified, such as name, postal address, e-mail address, telephone number and other similar information
• Records and copies of your correspondence, if you contact us
• Any other information you voluntarily provide us, our affiliates or service providers
About your Hino Truck. Information we may collect about your Hino Truck (“Vehicle Information”) includes:
• The vehicle identification number which identifies things like the model, year and engine type
• Data about your Hino Truck’s operation and performance such as odometer reading, engine speed, vehicle speed, engine coolant temperature, engine operating time, engine idle time, distance traveled, fuel used, fuel economy, hard braking count, sharp acceleration count, excess speed duration, throttle position, accessory/PTO fuel usage, diagnostic trouble codes and diagnostic information and other similar information
• The location, speed and the direction of travel of your Hino Truck
Personal Information and Vehicle Information may collectively be referred to as “Information”.
In the event your subscription to Telogis Services expires, is canceled or terminated, we will continue to collect your Vehicle Information collected by Telogis until you withdraw your consent in the manner provided in this paragraph. If you do not want us to collect your Vehicle Information, you may withdraw your consent at any time by contacting Telogis at firstname.lastname@example.org. Note, however, that withdrawing your consent to our collection of Vehicle Information will significantly limit the services we can provide you.
Disclosure of Your Information
We may disclose aggregated Information and Information that does not identify any individual, without restriction.
In addition, we may disclose Information that we collect:
• To our subsidiaries and affiliates
• To contractors, service providers, dealers and other third parties we use to support Hino INSIGHT
• To a buyer or other successor in the event of a merger, divestiture, restructuring, reorganization, dissolution or other sale or transfer of some or all of our assets, whether as a going concern or as part of bankruptcy, liquidation or similar proceeding, in which Information held by us is among the assets transferred
• To comply with any court order, law or legal process, including to respond to any government or regulatory request
• To enforce our rights arising from any contracts entered into between you and us
• To fulfill the purpose for which you provide it
• If we believe disclosure is necessary or appropriate to protect the rights, property, or safety of us, our customers or others
Your California Privacy Rights
California Civil Code Section § 1798.83 permits users of our services that are California residents to request certain information regarding our disclosure of Personal Information to third parties for their direct marketing purposes. To make such a request, please send an e-mail to email@example.com or write us at: CA Privacy Rights Request, c/o Hino Motors Sales U.S.A., Inc., 41180 Bridge Street, Novi, MI 48375.
The date this Policy was last revised is indicated at the top of the page. You are responsible for periodically visiting this Policy to check for any changes.
To ask questions or comment about this Policy and our privacy practices, contact us:
By Postal Mail:
c/o Hino Motors Sales U.S.A., Inc.
41180 Bridge Street
Novi, MI 48375
SEARCH THE HINO TRUCKS WEBSITE:
CAB-OVER 195h 19,500 GVW
CAB-OVER 195h DC 19,500 GVW Double Cab
CAB-OVER 155 14,500 GVW
CAB-OVER 155 DC 14,500 GVW Double Cab
CAB-OVER 195 19,500 GVW
CAB-OVER 195 DC 19,500 GVW Double Cab
CONVENTIONAL 238 23,000 GVW
CONVENTIONAL 258 ALP 25,500 GVW Air / Low Profile
CONVENTIONAL 258 LP 25,500 GVW Low Profile
CONVENTIONAL 268 25,950 GVW
CONVENTIONAL 268A 25,950 GVW Air
CONVENTIONAL 338 33,000 GVW
©2016 HINO MOTORS SALES U.S.A., INC.